Tuesday, October 18, 2016

One Big Pair of Underwear
by Laura Gehl & Tom Lichtenheld

I love this story! It mixes numbers, math, and story telling with a lesson
in sharing. It is creative, witty, and captures the attention of my kids.
My son loves the emotion that the characters express. He will
verbalize along with the Yak and his lack of snacks.
It is a clever mix of characters and actions that challenge my
daughters ability to memorize the story.
The mix of characters, items, and actions along with the numbers
and the math creates layers to this books.
It will be awhile before we will get bored with this book!
I love the hand of the illustrator and the composition has
a great flow and is expected and reinforces the cadence of the story.
I like reading this at the beginning of story time because my kids
like to get involved with the story.





No comments:

Post a Comment