Saturday, October 29, 2016

Counting With Barefoot Critters
by Teagan White

This is a great book for counting. I love the rhythm of this story
and the fact they count up to 12 which I find is slightly random.
My daughter loves this story. My son likes it but it does not
give him the opportunity to roar or yell. It might be a better
book for him when he gets alittle older. I like that it is clear
with the introduction of the numbers.
The composition of the pages are nice and unified which is
great when you are counting it creates and easy eye repetition for 
your child. I love the illustrations they are small and detailed which 
makes this book great for up close reading and viewing. 
The animals are so cute and line quality varies and giving the
page more interest. 
I like to read this book towards the end of story time.
It has a warm sweet ending and the cadence of the story is calming.


No comments:

Post a Comment