Thursday, October 20, 2016

Just Like My Mom
by David Melling

How can you not like a book with this title! 
I love this cute story and my kids also love it. 
This is a story of a cub and his wonderful mother who is fun and smart. 
The cub describes his relationship with his mom and the wonderful
interactions they have. I love that at the end of the story everyone
wants to be some where safe and warm with their mom.
I love the illustration and the hand of the illustrator.
The animals are cute and the colors and line quality are fun.
The composition changes from page to page which 
keeps it interesting. My kids love pointing to the main character
and the mom saying their names and placing themselves in the story.
Because of this interaction I like to place this story closer 
to the beginning of story time. The middle of story time is good also because
this story creates warm fuzzy feelings.



No comments:

Post a Comment