Monday, October 24, 2016

Don't Wake Up The Tiger
by Britta Teckentrup

My kids love this book. This book lacks substance in conveying
a lesson but makes up with plain good old fun and encourages
the reader to get interactive and involved with the story.
My kids love to sing, touch, and sing again with this story of a
sleeping tiger and his friends celebrating his birthday.
My daughter likes to tell the characters every time
to walk around the tiger she is invested in the story with the first page.
My son loves any chance to sing or yell and he loves the anticipation at the end.
I love how excited and involved my kids get with this story.
It is just pure fun.
The illustrations are fun and I love the geometric shapes and sponge
like effect. The composition is horizontal and consistent.
I read this at the beginning of story time because the
kids get animated and excited with the stories anticipation and interaction.


No comments:

Post a Comment