Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Love Monster And The Last Chocolate
by Rachel Bright

This is a story about a monster and his love of chocolate and if he will share.
I like the idea and the lesson from this story. I am not crazy about this story.
My kids enjoy the story. My niece who was visiting who is 
8 enjoyed the story more than my children.
Not sure if this is just the case that it appeals to an
 older audience...older children's audience.
I did not like how the font changes through out the words and the sketches have a 
free hand sketch quality which I don't mind but pair them with the font and my eyes are
overwhelmed. I think this bothers me more than it does my kids. 
It makes me feel like I am looking at my kids messy room.
The composition is unexpected and your eye has alot to take in.
If I read this it would be towards the middle of story time.

No comments:

Post a Comment